Miso soup is one of the most popular soups in Japan, and it's also very easy to make.
Here are the ingredients that you need to make this simple yet delicious soup:
- 1 small sachet (approx. 1.5 teaspoons) dashino-moto powder
- 1 small block (half cup) tofu, cubed
- 3 - 4 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 cups water
- Bring the water to the boil, add dashino moto powder, whisk to make sure the powder completely dissolved. Turn the heat down to medium level, add cubed tofu, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put miso paste in a bowl, add around 0.5 cup of the dashi soup stock to it, mix together until the paste melts and forms a smooth texture, then add this to the rest of the soup stock. Simmer for a further 1 minute, then serve.