This satisfying all-in-one stir fry meal is a favourite take away dish. Our version has no MSG.
- 250g Thai jasmine or long grain rice, cooked and chilled. If possible, cook the day before and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- 125g frozen peas, defrosted and drained.
- 50g of cooked chicken or ham, diced.
- 50g prawns, defrosted and drained.
- 2 eggs, beaten.
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped.
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped coarsely.
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped.
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok until very hot. Add the garlic and ginger and stir rapidly for 30 seconds.
Add the rice, peas, spring onion, Shaoshing wine and seasoning, and fry for three minutes stiring constantly.
Add the egg and continue stir frying until the egg is set. Stir in the cooked meat and prawns and cook for a further minute or two until warmed through.
Balance the seasoning and dress with a little sesame oil.